Firmly rooted in Scripture.
1. We believe that the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are the supreme and final authority on faith and practice. We reject “translation inspiration” and recognize the value of a variety of translations that faithfully communicate God’s truths. 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:19-21.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, equal in essence, while distinct in personality and function. Exodus 20:2-3, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Matthew 28:19.
3. We believe in God’s direct creation of the universe in six literal days, without the use of pre-existent material, and apart from any process of evolution whatsoever, according to the Genesis account. Gen.1:1-31, Colossians 1:16-17.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of Mary, a virgin, and is true God and true Man. We believe in the resurrection of His crucified body, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present ministry there as High Priest and Advocate John 1:1, Luke 1:35, Galatians 4:4, Matthew 28:1-7, 1 Corinthians 15:4-9.
5. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Agent of the new birth through conviction and regeneration, and that He seals, indwells, and baptizes every believer into the Body of Christ at the moment of conversion. We believe that the Holy Spirit fills and empowers for Christian service. We believe that the “sign gifts” (speaking in tongues, working of miracles, prophesying through dreams or visions) ceased with the Apostolic Period. John 3:5, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 5:18, 1 Corinthians 13:8-13, Hebrews 2:4.
6. We believe that man was created in the image of God in innocence but fell from his sinless state and privileged status. By his sin he incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God. All human beings are therefore born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word, and deed. Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 3:1-6, Romans 5:12 and 19, Titus 1:15-16, Because man is created in the image of God, we uphold the sanctity of human life and oppose the social evils of abortion, infanticide, suicide and euthanasia. We recognize bio-medical advancements with regard to procreation and the extension of life. The value of these scientific procedures however, is always subject to the moral authority of the Word of God. Genesis 1:26-27. We affirm the equality of the races and view all forms of racial bigotry as sin. Galatians 3:28. We believe in the equality of the sexes as created by God. However, we acknowledge a divine chain of command where husbands lead their homes by a loving example and wives willingly submit to that godly authority. Galatians 3:38, Ephesians 5:22-33. Human sexuality is reflected in two sexual genders – not one. Homosexuality cannot fulfill the divine intent of the sexual relationship and is forbidden. Monogamous, heterosexual marriage is ordained. Genesis 1:26-27, Romans 1:24-28, Hebrews 13:4.
7. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died as the substitutionary sacrifice for all men. The blood atonement He made was unlimited in its potential. It is limited only in its application, effectively saving those who are brought by the Holy Spirit to repentance and faith. John 3:5-8, 2 Corinthians 5:14-21, 1 John 2:1-2.
8. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God. Salvation is solely on the finished work of Christ and not based on one’s personal efforts or good works. Eternal security is the act of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in which the believer is kept for all eternity. Once received, God’s gift of salvation can never be revoked. True believers will persevere in good works and will never deny the faith in an ongoing manner. John 1:12-13, Acts 16:31,Ephesians 2:8-9, John 6:39, 1 Peter 1:5.
9. We believe that civil government is of divine appointment for the interest and good of human society. We are responsible to honor, obey and pray for secular authorities – except when asked to violate the clear teaching of God’s Word. Romans 13:1-7, Matthew 22:21, 1 Timothy 2:1-2, Acts 5:29.
10. We believe in the blessed hope – the personal, pre-tribulational and premillennial return of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in the literal fulfillment of prophecies which assure the future regeneration and restoration of Israel as a nation. Titus 2:13, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Jeremiah 16:14-15.
11. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost. Matthew 25:31-46, Revelation 21:1-8, Daniel 12:2.
12. We believe that the local church is the agency through which God has chosen to accomplish His work in the world. We believe in the Scriptural ordinances of immersion and the Lord’s Supper to be administered by the local church. Immersion is restricted to those who have given testimony of faith in Jesus Christ. We believe that the church is under Christ’s headship, free from any external hierarchy, and should not associate itself with any ecumenical endeavor or any effort to compromise the truth. The New Testament church is an organized body of immersed believers, gathered together for worship, edification, the observances of the ordinances, having male leadership in the offices of pastor and deacon, and committed to the spread of the gospel worldwide. Acts 2:41-47, Ephesians 3:10,Matthew 28:18-20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-28, Romans 6:17, 2 Corinthians 6:14-17, 1 Timothy 2:12, Matthew 16:18.